Originally Published 30/12/2017
It's not really inertia. Because one change in motion is easy. In November I was getting a couple of hundred words down most days. As Christmas ramped up my job gave me more hours(It's not a 0 hours contract if you have an eight (8) hour contact) and then after Christmas... well all my friends and family are in town! I'm not apologising. Just re-committing and looking at my plans for the next year (fuck off Neil DGT yes it is arbitrary but that is fine). Let's try to get a good few done. And look at what I have done.
There have been achievements in 2017
- Was happier
- Left the house more than the last year (my plan every year)
- Started writing for a site I bought last year (this is round two atm)
- Held down job for whole year (two years next month)
- Left the country TWICE
- Built healthy relationship (she's also hot)
- Started going to gigs and art with people (It's been an adjustment to not being alone at things)
- Barman knowing my order at the NAC (RIP Moosey/Alley cafe where they owner knew I wanted hot chocolate)
There are plans for 2018
- Leave the house more (my plan every year)
- Get happier (is this the year I get "well"?)
- Finish an ARTicle (I have three half written profiles. I feel I need a better statement that: look at this thingy)
- Keep this writing up
- Visit a far away friend or two
- Keep in better contact (my plan every year)
- Do that art project
- Ghost hunting!
- Get the cohost to write something
- Record the first episode of the VoidNotes podcast
- Make the most of any good weather
I also want to reach a point of quality and regularity where I can start telling people IRL about this project.
Did I achive these aims?
Found this post 15 months later and evauluated. I did alright.